Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Lou's Reviews || Clean Skin 5 in 1 Water | ThisWorks

Aloha Sprinklerinos,

It was my birthday in April (mini woop) and one of my lovely chums, Fleur, very kindly gave me a This Works 5 in 1 Water Cleanser  as part of my present. She also bought me a wallet, a cute key chain and threw me a little party complete with champagne and cake- she's far too generous! (If you did want to see some snaps from that night, Zoe did this blog post on it).


I've never used this sort of cleanser before as I have tended to lean toward creams, balms and washes that lather, so I was pretty interested to see if this would do the job.

To use it all you have to do is squib (yep, squib) a generous amount of product onto a cotton wool pad, gently swipe round your face and voila, yukkies removed and your skin feels beautiful.



I would use 2 or 3 of these circular pads or 1 of my big square ones (featured in a haul video a while back). I like to take my time and ensure I look after every part of my face and that I'm not just harshly rubbing in a haphazard manner. I think if you are going to have a luxury product, you may as well take your time and enjoy the experience.


I have been surprised and pleased at how well this 5 in 1 cleansing water has worked. It boasts soluble olive oil to gently remove impurities and unclog pores (something I really do feel it has done, I just feel so much clearer), almond oil to remove makeup, wild water mint to cool the skin, glycolic acid to balance ph levels and rosewater to help shed skin cells and increase elasticity.

Normally I'm pretty sceptical of these wonder products and think them too good to be true, but I really have been thrilled with this. After I use it, I feel like all the dirt, makeup and pollution in my skin has been drawn away and my skin is just my skin. Not my skin plus residue or my skin plus a layer of 'day', if that makes sense!

I have also noticed that after using this, moisturiser sinks in like a dream. It literally just vanishes into my face leaving me feeling soft and supple and glowy. What more could you want?

I think the packaging is pleasing (although not travel friendly unless you have an enormous washbag), the smell is non existent (perfect for fussy folk like me), the price tag high (£21) but reasonable for a luxury cleanser (and a little goes a long way) and the product actually does all the things it promotes.

One downfall that I will just throw in was that I wasn't much match for my heavy eyemakeup (liquid eyeliner/85 layers of mascara). I'm not too sad about this because I never think any product will do this amazingly well (except Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish) and am happy to use this purely as a face/skin product.

All in all, hurrah huzzah for This Works Clean Skin 5 in 1 Water. You can find this in a array of places like Boots or online retailers and I have linked it above, but do feel free to do your research and use good old google. 

Have you tried this or any other 'water' cleaners? What did you think? Is £21 too steep for a cleanser?

Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Confessions of a Secret Shopper. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top!   
PS-
If there are typos in this, I apologise, I feel like my brain has fallen out today! Haha!