Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lou's Reviews :: Collection 2000 vs Urban Decay

Aloha Bloggerinos,

As many of you will know, I am an avid fan of Lauren Luke (Panancea81) and her YouTube Makeup Tutorials.

In the last few, I have noticed she has used a Collection 2000 pressed eyeshadow in 'Frosting'. Seeing as Collection 2000 is so affordable (this 'Colour Intense Solo' eyeshadow is only £1.99), I decided to pick one up and give it a whirlybird. For £1.99 I wasn't expecting amazingness, I would have been happy with average but this little beauty has turned out to be a total gem!!


As with most white shadows, I use this on the inner corner of my eye to brighten or under the brow bone to highlight. It is a silvery white shade with teensy weensy finely milled silver sparkles- loves it!

I would compare this product to the Urban Decay single pressed eyeshadow in 'Polyester Bride'. Polyester Bride is also a silvery white colour with teensy weensy silver glitter flecks, except this product retails at around the £13 mark. Hmmm.

I have used both shadows in the same way (inner eye corners and as highlighters) and can honestly say that I prefer the more affordable, Collection 2000 shadow as the colour payoff is more vivid and it has a more silky feel. Keeerrrrazzy when you look at the price difference!

 This isn't to say I don't like my UD shadows, I luurrvve them, I'm just pleased when I can find something just as good (if not a bit better) for a fraction of the price.

Both have good lasting power, are easy to remove and blend well- super.

Packaging-wise I prefer the Collection 2000 one again, as it is a lot more compact and I have never been a fan of the Urban Decay singles. The grey plastic compact feels really cheap and bleaugh to me, which is surprising considering how beautiful and gorgeous all their palettes are.

Lesson to be learnt- It doesn't always pay to be a cosmetics snob and sometimes the cheaper brands are winners. Do you know of any product dupes like this? Tell me tell me!

Toodlepip!

xx