Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Monday, February 21, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 36 Weeks Pregnant

Aloha Bloggerinos,



This snap was actually taken 2 weeks ago at my Baby Shower (shall I do a post/video on this? I can't decide), so I'm a little bit bigger now.

Well since we last had a pregnancy catch up,  A LOT has happened and I will try and condense it all down so as not to bore you to bits.

Physically

I'm bigger. A given! But now I just feel cumbersome and find I waddle about and huff and puff and can't really get up much speed. My usual 10 minute saunter to the midwife's centre has now turned into a 15 minute lumber. Sometimes I deliberately put my hand on my bump so people realise I'm not just walking funny, and that I am actually with child! haha.

About 2 weeks ago, I had a bit of a scare and went to hospital. I had been wizzing about and getting on with life, still working etc, and then I started to notice my tum was really tender and sore. I tried to sleep it off but after 2 days I was in agony and hadn't felt Baby Glitter move for some time. After quite a few calls to labour triage (honestly, you have to practically fight your way in there!!), they told me to come in and bring an overnight bag. I was really panicked at the thought of staying over but Matt was so calm and reassuring. After being hooked up to all the monitors and stuff, it turned out I had 1. Strained my stomach muscles by overdoing things and 2. Baby Glitter was back to back, and still is. Urgh. I'm doing all the exercises to encourage her to move but she's having none of it.

After feeling very smug about gaining no weight at all, I have now gained a stone. Oh well. I'm planning on breast feeding, eating healthy and exercising (I need a reason to take my swanky Silver Cross Pram on walks) so hopefully that will go. I'd like to loose a fair bit but won't bang on about it because diets and weight loss bore me zzzzzzzzzzz.

Sleeping is really rubbish now. I struggle to get to sleep and then only have it in small bursts because I either wake up needing the loo or have a really vivid dream. I'm trying not to nap during the day (I'm on maternity leave now) so I can sleep at night but it's tricky.

There have been a few other little physical things, but at the risk of giving you a bit too much info, I'll leave it! haha.

Emotionally

I'll admit it, I've been an emotional nightmare to live with. One minute I'm standing over the beautiful moses basket thinking how amazing it will be when I can see my baby in there, and the next I'm having a huge cry over the fact that my eyelashes look 'excessive'. This is no joke, I put on false lashes for my Baby Shower, thought they looked too much and burst into tears and had to be calmed down with an ice lolly ahahahaha!

Matt has been beyond patient. He fetches me drinks and pillows and runs me baths (the only place I can be where my lower back doesn't ache) and even painted my toenails for me the other day now that I can't reach them easily myself!

Cool Stuff

I have practically everything I need now. The last little bits are nursing bras (I bought 2 but they feel like straight jackets so I need to exchange them) and maybe a bottle cleaner and to work out how to use the steriliser.

I'm reading lots of good baby books at the moment, which I may do a separate post on.

I was given soooo many gorgeous things at my baby shower and have also been sent some great bits (will defo do a video on these, or Zoe might come and kill me!)

I've been playing the bump lots of music and she really reacts to it- it's amazing! She wiggles about and I like to think she is dancing and smiling and being all like "yyeaaahhhh, I love this song!".

I've probably missed lots out but I'm sure you'll hear more now that we're on the home stretch so to speak.

Come on Baby Glitter, come ouuuttt!!

Toodlepip!

xx