Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Monday, September 24, 2012

Lou's Reviews :: GHD Cherry Blossom Styler


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

In the past few months, I have received a great many questions about my hair, what it's like, how it is styled, favourite products to achieve certain looks, the list goes on.

I plan on getting round to answering these queries in good time, but today I'm going to talk about a brand of products that I have been happily using and trusting for about 7 years now. GHD aka Good Hair Day.

Unless you have been living under bald rock, you will have heard of GHD's. The British run company sell hair electrical hair tools as well as styling products to achieve every look you can think of. Initially selling products in salons (for the first two years of their business -2001 - 2003- they did no advertising and relied solely on excellent recommendations), they now have a full range of products on a beautifully laid out website and regularly bring out limited edition merchandise.



One such product is the GHD Cherry Blossom Styler* which retails for £129.00, with £10 going to Breakthrough Breast Cancer, a cause very close to my heart. 



Just as much as I love my set of GHD Straighteners from 2004 (yes, still going strong, touch wood), I love these too. They have an array of lovely features, both cosmetic and functional. As a lover of all things pink and girly I am thrilled with the pretty pink blades, floral designed box and cherry blossom heat-resistant bag, which had enough space for hot blades and a divide to keep the wire safe- nobody wants melted electrics in their beauty kit! Yikes! I also like that you when the styler is on (indicated by the lit up GHD motto), it will automatically turn itself off after 30 minutes, so there is no acute panic when you're half way down the road and wondering if you remembered to turn them off. Zoe and I once had to turn a taxi to the station around to go back and check on mine, we hadn't turned them off! Uh oh! 



Other little features that make all the difference are the swivel cord which allows you to twist and turn the tool without being restricted or becoming tangled and the rounded barrel which allows you to create beautiful curls, waves and flicks. 


The reason I love my GHD's (this lovely new pair and my older pair) so very much, aside from their reliability and ability to tame my insanely thick hair like non-other, is because you can create so many looks with them. They really can do everything! Hmmmm except crimp, but really, who wants to crimp their own hair? I had mine done once and it was NOT a good look haha!

I've put together a little 'hair collage' from pictures I had floating about of different styles I've had in my hair created by GHD's. Do excuse the posey faces and picture quality, some of these are instagram snaps or video screenshots. I'm pretty boring and usually go for the same kind of thing - wavy/curly/volumised/straight with a flick, but even when I'm having a 'hair up' sort of day, I will use my GHD's to tame little frizzy bits at the front or remove any annoying kinks.



In summary, I have nothing bad to say about GHD Stylers. I've loved them for years and hope I will continue doing so until I'm old and grey and my grandchildren are telling me that I look like mutton dressed as lamb with my big shmexy hair! Hahaha!

Are you a GHD lover like me?

Toodlepip!

xx

PS-


Told you I didn't look great crimped! Haha xx