Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Lou's Reviews || Clarins Instant Smooth Crystal Lipbalms

Aloha Sprinklerinos,

I'm a bit late to the party on this one but I couldn't let summer slip through my our fingers without showcasing these b-e-a-utiful lip products over here in Glitter Land.

You may remember them from my June or July Favourites video (I've been loving them a while), but really I wanted them to be on here too because frankly, they just look so dagnam pretty!

These are the Clarins Enchanted Summer Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balms* and I have loved them!



They are luxurious lip product consisting of an inner core of lipstick, encased in a beautifully fruity scented lipbalm. If you are after something incredibly pigmented, these are probably not for you (with the exception of 'Cystal Violet -second from the left- which I think will look fabulous this Autumn). However, if you are looking for a lipbalm with a bit of pep in it's step and feel happy forking out a somewhat hefty £16.50, then these will be right up your street.

On application they leave a hint of colour and my lips feel nourished for hours. Kissy kissy!


As you can see from the above swatches, these are a wash of colour with low opacity rather than a heavy duty lipstick. 

What I enjoy about these are the colours, scents (I'm usually very fussy but really liked these), the packaging (terribly important to a hard core makeup addict and these are a pleasure to pull out of my handbag) and the fun factor of the actual product.

What I didn't enjoy was the price. To me, £16.50 is a lot of money for a balm, but I can appreciate that Clarins is a luxury brand so would view this as a treat or special gift to myself, as opposed to a 'kit essential'. 

These are sadly limited edition items but are still stocked on the website so now is your chance to treat yourself or someone lovely in your life.

Is this the sort of product that tickles your pickle?

Toodlepip!

xx


This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Lady of Vintage. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top!