Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pregnancy Update- 41 Weeks Pregnant

Aloha Bloggerinos,

Well, as you can see, still no Baby Glitter. I'm so fed up I could cry/scream/both, but know it wouldn't get me too far.

164058_491342871551_753966551_5833973_6546598_n_large
(Sound advise if you ask me! Hahaha!)

I'm a week over now and have been booked for an induction for Tuesday the 5th. I really, really don't want an induction. I thought I did but then I found out what it entails and that you loose the option of a water birth anndd unless you are in established labour, you're partner can't stay with you the whole time. Also, whilst you are induced (ie, laying with a pessary up your lady zone for 24 hours), you are in a room with 3 other woman and have regular internal examinations- NOT WHAT I WANT AT ALL.

In an ideal world I'll labour at home as long as possible, get to hospital, pop myself in a birthing pool, dim the lights, try to remain calm and have a lovely little baby girl. Unfortunately, we don't seem to be reading off the same page and she doesn't seem to game for this plan.

I had a stretch and sweep yesterday, which is just as vile as it sounds and the midwife said she had stretched me (shudder) 2-3cm, so this is a positive. I'm booked in for another on Friday so fingers crossed it starts labour (as yet, yesterday's hasn't). Whilst these Stretch and Sweep things are very gross, I think they are the lesser of the 2 evils (compared to induction) so I'll opt for them. Sigh.

In other news, my feet and ankles are still swollen, just called me Mrs Kankle, my skin has gone really spotty (thank goodness for MAC Studio Sculpt) and I have been more tired than a sloth on sleeping tablets.

I won't go on too much because I'll only be Mrs Grumpy Pantaloons and I don't want to bum you all out.

Please send all your psychic energy to encourage Baby Glitter out naturally!

Toodlepip!

xx

Image: weheartit.com