Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Friday, March 11, 2011

Lou's Lovelies :: DIY Applique Personalisation

Aloha Bloggerinos,

It's been a loooonnnngg time coming, but I thought I'd throw a crafty post out there, since we have had so many beauty related things in the last few months. I go through phases with crafts, I have to be super in the mood to get my sewing machine or glue gun out and for the past few months I've felt a little bleaugh towards it all. However, this little project was so quick and easy, it didn't seem like a chore- woop!
Anyhoo, a few weeks ago, whilst in Hobbycraft, Matt spotted these cute little letters for £1.25 each. They had girlie ones and boyish ones, every letter of the alphabet. We picked up her initials and I decided that I would have a hunt for something to personalise for her, just to jazz up her stash a bit and make something a bit special.

Little moan here- I just saw the website in the photo, looked it up and saw that you can actually buy individual letters for 70p, which is a lot less than £1.25!! Naughty Hobbycraft!


I attached the letters to one of her shoulder cloths because I know I can hang the motiffed part over my back so it doesn't scratch her face at all and I thought it looked a little plain. Other applique contenders were blankets, muslin squares, little tops or towels, so it goes to show how versatile this project is :)


It was beyond easy! I positioned the letters where I wanted them, dampened a different cloth (I just used a muslin square as it was to hand), popped the damp cloth over the letters, ironed it thoroughly for about 15-20 seconds, removed the iron and damp cloth and voila!


I really think this is something I would like to do more of, not only for Baby Glitter but I also think it would make a unique gift for other mummy friends or relatives. I think this is ideal for someone like me who is now pressed for time but still has the urge to craft and customise :)

Is this something you might try?

Toodlepip!

xx