Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Am I a Fashionista Yet?

Aloha Bloggerinos,

As a curvier girl (and now a about-to-pop-out-a-baby-any-day-girl), I find it quite tricky to follow the latest trends in fashion. High waisted shorts would not flatter my wide hips, crop tops would offend the eyes of passers by and playsuits would make me look like a fabric sausage.

Baring these facts in mind, I have developed my own style that suits my figure and feel quite good about this. I wear clothes that fit and flatter and leave the rest for the day when I wake up a size 8.

However, since being pregnant, I have kind of fallen into a bit of a 'maternity rut' and it's only in the last few weeks that I've thought "Hmmm, perhaps I won't live in pregnancy jeans and maternity tops forever" and started to have a re think. Being a Mummy will be a whole new ball game and I think with it, will come a change of image. I'm having my hair cut shorter and choppy and coloured darker today and when Baby Glitter is out (we had a false alarm and thought it was going to be last night actually, but alas, it wasn't), I am going to make an effort to be a bit more fashionable.



I have been seeing scarves everywhere lately. Vintage silk ones, little cotton ones, huge pashmina ones, the lot, and decided this was an easy and 'fat-friendly' (it's not a playsuit after all!) fashion I could try. I bought this little cotton scarf last week from H&M for £4.99 which isn't a bank buster at all. It was actually in the children's section, but this doesn't bother me! So far I have only worn it with jeans and a black top because it's tres bright, but I like it.


So that was my first little step into being a bit braver with what I wear and venturing out of my comfort zone, still a long way to go I know, but it's baby steps.

What do you think I could try next?

Toodlepip!

xx