Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lou's Reviews :: Maybelline 24 hour Colour Tattoos


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Amongst way too many other products, I recently purchased two of the highly talked about Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoos.

Out of the seven colours that Boots stock, I bought 'On and On Bronze' and 'Turquoise Fever'. The bronzey brown is such an easy colour to utilise and I thought the blue would look amazing this summer.


I know this is only a small gripe, but I do think the names could be worked on a little. 'On and On Bronze'? What's that about?! I heard on the blogging grapevine (my favourite of the grapevines) that those crazy kids across the pond have different names for theirs. Strange.


Little glass pots with chunky screw lids, filled with smooth, cream eyeshadow. Remind you of any high end alternatives? Yes, these are VERY similar to MAC Paint Pots and this pleases me muchly. Especially as the Maybelline alternative retails for £4.99 which is a snip in comparison to it's pricey MAC counterpart. 


I absolutely love these little cream shadows. They work great as a quick fix when you're in a rush- I like to use my ring finger and apply 'On and On Bronze' all over the lid. They are super duper primers for your powder or pigment products, with no creasing and no sliding half way down your face (such a good look) and the colour is very easy to build. I plan on wearing the 'Turquoise Forever' as an eyeliner, either under the water line or on my eyelid, I'm still undecided. Also, as the name 'tattoo' would suggest, these last and last! Hurrah!

I really hope that Maybelline brings more colours to the UK so that I can pick up a few more of these. I'd quite like to see a pearly pinky shade that I could use as a base for iridescent glitter.I'm so glad these are on the market and would encourage you to give them a little swatch next time you're near a Maybelline stand.

Have you tried these or any of the other colours? Are you swayed by the hype? I know I am!

Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Laura from Secret Diary of a Fashion Journalist. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top!