Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Why I Love Blogging


Aloha Spinklerinos,

I do have a few (and by 'few', I mean LOADS) of beauty posts planned, but today I just didn't feel like it. As you will know if you have been reading a while, I promised myself that I would never write something I'm not entirely passionate about, so here we are, writing silly lists, just because I adore them. Anyone else have a love for list writing?

This was snapped during a recent OOTD which I will post soon. I thought that seeing as this is such a sincere post, a silly picture would be apt.

Today's list has been a long time coming. I hope it gives you a little insight into why I do this writing stuff on the interweb and maybe even encourages you (if you have one) to love your blog that little bit more.

Why I Love Blogging

1. It is a space where I can be totally myself and not be concerned about what other people think. I don't know why, but I feel like since this is my slice of the web, I have absolute rights to be exactly who I am. No worrying about whether I sound stupid, no worrying about whether I look as slim/stylish/pretty as the girl standing next to me. Nothing. Just here, I am the queen of my castle and can frolic about just as I choose.

2. It makes me feel creative. I love to create things. Cards, gifts, cotton drawstring bags for children, the lot. I found that since I became submersed in blogland, ideas for posts are everywhere and it's fun to let ideas run and develop in your head and then see them come to fruition. I get quite a kick out of it I suppose.

3. You provide me with a constant. You, the readers of this sparkly world, have been in my life for nearing 3 years now. I've had a great 3 years, but naturally, there have been poopy moments, where I've had a good cry or felt a bit lost. There have been quite a few times, awake and upset at 2am that I have read a kind comment or friendly tweet and felt a little lighter. Having you in my life makes a real difference, so thank you for that. 

4. I value more. I think blogging makes you see the little things a lot more clearly. Yes, it's great fun to write blog posts about new makeup lines and gorgeous beauty treatments, but I equally enjoy talking about the times I find really cheap vintage lace in markets or how I love my front garden in the Spring when it is in bloom. When you appreciate all the little things, it adds up to a rather positive outlook on life. 

5. I've had some cracking experiences! I have been really fortunate and invited to some marvelous things that I wouldn't have done without this blog. Pretending to be a woodland creature on the London Eye with Glossy Box, sitting my 8 months pregnant self on some snooty woman's hand at London Fashion Week and being filmed at Google HQ for a TV Documentary have been some of the highlights. When Darcy is older, I'll tell her all the things Mummy did when she was in her 20's and feel very proud. 

6. 'Six' doesn't feel suitable special enough so imagine your favourite number for this one! FRIENDS. Through blogging, I have made real, actual, tangible pals. I was going to write a little bit about each friend I have made through blogging/vlogging, but I think I will leave that to a separate dedicated post. Would you like an entire post on ZoeChummy, Fleurbles, Vixypops, Mrs Thrifty, Marie and Catnav? I might even use their actual names and not my LouiseLand ones- haha!

In a nutshell, blogging has been a blessing and enriched my life in so many more ways than I thought it would when I set off on this merry little journey with you. Who knows where it will take us next! 

Also, as a side note, Cosmopolitan magazine have opened their doors to all you lovely readers, to nominate your favourite blog to win their Blogger of the Year Award. Naturally, I would poop my pantaloons (ew) if I were to be nominated and dread to think what I would do if I won (double ew)! If you would like to (entirely up to your discretion) nominate this glittery world, I would fall into the 'Established Beauty Blogger' category and you can click HERE to find the site. Hurrah!

Since this is a blog post about the love of blogging, I would love to hear what you love most about writing on your own blogs or reading other peoples. Do you love blogland as much as me?

Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Laura from Secret Diary of a Fashion Journalist. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top!