Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lou's Reviews :: Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss

Aloha Sprinklerinos,

I don't know about you, but I have a serious lipgloss addiction. The rational, sane side of me knows I have every shade under the sun, but like a magpie to tinfoil, when I see them all lined up side by side, glinting like jewels under the light, I have to buy them. It's some sort of disease, but I'll gloss over it. Hehe, see what I did there?! I'm too cool.


I recently bought 3 of the Revlon ColorBurst glosses in Peony (coral with gold shimmer), Crystal Water (milky clear with blue and lilac shimmer) and Hot Pink (fuchsia with gold, silver and blue shimmer), for £7.99 each. When I made my purchase Boots were actually holding a 3 for 2 deal, so it only worked out at £5.33 for each one- I do love a good bargain!

I have been using these for a good few weeks now and have really enjoyed them. They are sheeny-shiny rather than gunky-sticky and add a wash of colour to the the lip. Alternatively, they add oomph if applied over your lipstick of choice. They have decent lasting power and an easy to use sponge applicator. 

I must say, these are nice, but not 'wow'. You know how some things make you want to shout and cheer for them and some things make you want to stamp on and smash and then sooommee things are good/nice/pleasant enough? That's these.

I don't think I will be running to the Revlon counter to buy more, but if I saw a particularly pretty shade, I would feel happy and confident in my purchase.

Oooffff that was a weird review today wasn't it?! Haha! Normally I only talk about products that I love, love, love, but I thought it might make a change to give you a different opinion because you just can't love everything, can you?

Have you tried Revlon ColorBurst? What did you think?

Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Laura from Secret Diary of a Fashion Journalist. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top!