Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Sunday, May 20, 2012

7 Things for 7 Days


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Lately, I have been feeling a little 'meh'. I know, I know, I'm the happy-go-lucky always sees the bright side gal. I haven't changed, I still do that, but recently in Sprinkle of Glitter-land (real place I promise), I have felt a little lacking. There are several reasons for this which don't deserve mine or your time thinking about them, but I decided to combat my little slump, I would go back to the grass roots of this blog.

Remember in the very, very beginning when this blog was only a baby, I hadn't even made my human baby, and I posted about beauty but also a lot about life, DIY's, lists, interesting places and things that inspired me? Well I think I'm going to do that again, because it makes me happy. And a happy blogger makes for happy readers. And happy readers makes for a happy blogger. And a ..- you can see where I'm going with this. :)

So, today I thought I would share with you 7 things that I aim to achieve in the next 7 days. If I don't manage it, I shan't beat myself up, I'll just try again when I'm ready. This is a laidback slice of the web, no hard and fast rules for me please.

(This photo has nothing at all to do with my list below, only that it is old ~this was pre baby, pre wedding, we were just loves young dream~ and it makes me happy. As does writing motivating lists. Tenuous link, but whatchya gonna do, eh?)

I plan on updating you on all of these things once I have done them, and perhaps knowing I'm going to share, will inspire me to do them well!

This week I will:

Create :: I have been wanting to get cracking on a few craft projects for a while but never seem to find the time. I'm going to be strict and allocate an hour or so and just give in to my makey makey urges. I think I'm going to make a technicolour tutu for Baby Glitter. 

Discover :: I love toys, they're great. However, after weeks and weeks of the same toys, Baby Glitter and I are both finding them a little dull. Since joining Pinterest, I have seen tonnes of great ideas and think it might be time for us to give them a go and discover a new play activity.

Hunt :: Noooo, I won't be stepping out with a riffle, I'm referring to bargains. Since I started doing posts like THIS, THIS and THIS, I have had so much positive feedback- it seems you love an affordable find as much as I do! I really enjoy mooching through all the shops and crazy products they sell, so putting together post like that make me one happy bunny. 

Me Time :: This is a pretty obvious one. I dash about 90% of my life, looking after Baby Glitter, posting orders for the shop, blogging, filming, making time for friends and family, running the home and enjoying Matt (ooer that sounds wrong). I enjoy every bit of that and am absolutely not complaining, it's a very charmed life. However, sometimes I forget to just do the things I used to do for simple pleasures, like read a book or watch Eastenders without my tiptapping away on my laptop. I'm not talking spa breaks here, I'm talking 30 minutes of not using my brain. Haha, that shouldn't be too hard!

Surprise :: I feel like because of the busy bee-ness mentioned above, sometimes I fail in the 'wifey' department a little. It's all to easy to slip into a comfy co-habitation and forget to do nice things for one another, so this week I am going to plan him a little treat and share it with you. Fear not, I will be fully dressed and there'll be none of that smut you're thinking of. ;)

Organise :: My life. My wardrobe. My paperwork. My makeup. My diary. My kitchen. ANYTHING. I am setting myself the goal of just organising one bloomin' thing. 

Learn :: I have a brand spanking new fancy pants camera waiting to be used properly and this week is the week I do it. I have a slight fear of change. It makes me nervous to do things out of my comfort zone and new technology is definitely out of it. I'm going to take the bull by the horns and give it a whirl. What's the worst that can happen? Blurry photos?

Above all, this week I'm going to concentrate on not being bogged down by the small things. I'm cutting negativity out of my life and moving forward to achieve my big goals, one tiny goal at a time. 

Would you like to do any of these or your own mini goals with me?

Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Laura from Secret Diary of a Fashion Journalist. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top!