Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Monday, November 8, 2010

Lou's Reviews :: MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder


Aloha Bloggerinos,

Ages and aggeess ago, I was very kindly sent a couple of bits from Mac and since I've now had a good amount of time to give them a whirl, I thought I'd tell you my findings. I was sent the Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Cajun (from the Venomous Villains collection) and a mascara which we'll no doubt talk about another time.


What MAC have to say about it:

"A silky, feather-light powder, formulated with 70% water, dusts on to the skin as a cooling mist to set and enhance the look of any foundation. Beyond sheer: light-reflecting and translucent. A virtually invisible way to add luminosity and a soft radiant glow to the skin. Limited edition."

I have always been a pressed powder bronzer kind of a gal, so when I opened this, I was a little worried. I tend to make a total mess of loose pigment products and having a white carpet, this is a problemo. There's no way round it other than a careful hand and a lot of tapping-off-excess-ness really- any other suggestions, I'll be glad to hear them!

I apply this bronzer with my (fake- I was swizzed on Ebay dagnamit) MAC due fibre brush in a swirly motion to the apples of my cheek, temples and a smidge on my forhead and nose. When you first apply it, it really does feel cool in temperature, almost wet even, which was quite a surprise. I've not come across a product which has that effect. I think this coolness will feel amazing in the summer- what a winner.

The formula is VERY concentrated, so a teensy weensy bit goes a reeeaaallllyy long way. This comes as some consolation for the fact that it retails at £23.00, which I believe to be a bit steep for a bronzer that wouldn't last as long as this baby.

This incrediably finely milled bronzer is a medium-dark brown with a very, very slight hint of shimmer. It's a tiny bit too dark for my pale complexion but if used sparingly and buffed in well, it looks nicely natural. It has a decent staying time and is easy to remove- bonus.

This isn't a product I use daily because of the mess, but it's one I bring out for nights out and special occasions. I hope that come summer, I can make much better use of this.

Have you tried or would you try this? What do you think?

Toodlepip!

xx