Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Saturday, August 6, 2011

FOTD :: Amber Lights

Aloha Bloggerinos,

There are two reasons I tend not to do very many FOTD's, even though I love reading/seeing all of yours.

The First- I don't tend to do a 'fully made up' face very often nowadays because I'm usually rushing. Rushing to make bottles, rushing to sort Baby Glitter out, rushing to get in the car, RUSHING! Even in this one, I had forgotten to do my eyebrows- grr!

The Second- My camera is shoddier than a snail playing tennis, so it is pretty hard to capture a good sharp image. Also, I never quite know how to pose without looking like a goon!

That being said, here I am with a FOTD for you all today! Hahaha!

I recently bought a few more MAC pressed shadows to go in my 15 Pro Palette (someone help me, I have an obsession) and one of them was Amber Lights. The MAC Website describe this colour as a 'peachy brown with shimmer' but I would say that's totally wrong. It is a vibrant copper with reddy gold undertones and I LOVE IT. I seriously do not know how I lived without this shade in my life. Why did nobody force me to buy this years ago??


On my eyes I have gone for Amber Lights on the lid and then Antiqued in the crease, all the way across. I have applied a little black eyeliner (L'oreal Carbon Gloss in Black), mascara (lordy knows, I'm not too loyal) and that was it. It's a really simplepimple look and I've been doing it most days. I like to think it looks like it took more time and skill than it really did ;)

For the face I have used MAC Studio Sculpt in NW15, 2True Bronzer to contour and MeMeMe Moonbeam dupe to highlight.

Quick, simple, perfect for those who live their lives in a constant rush!


I have been sporting this lip colour a lot recently. It is Sleek's 'Candy Cane' lipstick (review to come soon), with a light layer of a coral gloss ontop. Its so fresh and summery, it makes me smile just to see it :)


Little story for you here- After I'd done my FOTD, I popped downstairs to the kitchen to make up Baby Glitter's bottles. I looked down the garden and there was Mindycat hurtling towards the house, pleased as punch, with a dead bird hanging from her jaw!! I knew the lounge window was open and that she would jump through to give me my 'gift' so I turned and tried to race her to the window to close it. What a mistaka to make-a! As I ran, I slipped on her kitty blanket and fell face first onto the tiled kitchen floor and just lay their, sprawled out thinking "Woah, this hurts!!". Fortunately, the bird remained outside. Dead, but at least outside.

On that cheery note....

Toodlepip!

xx