Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lou's Reviews :: Garnier Clean and Soft Day Cream

Aloha Bloggerinos,

Whilst mooching around Superdrug a couple of weeks ago, a pretty good offer caught my eye. Garnier were selling 2 Daycreams for £3.99. Considering they usually retail for £5.06 each, I thought this was a brucey bargain not to be missed!
 

I decided to try one for Normal/Combination skin (green pot) and one for dry skin (pink pot). I wish I had just bought 2 pink pots now because I have dry skin and don't know why I tried to kid myself that I don't- what a goon.

I have used the green pot a couple of types and found the texture of the product to be a little 'gloopy' and when rubbing into my skin it felt as though a layer of film was left behind. It looked completely fine (I didn't look like I was made of plastic or anything), but I just felt a bit yakky.


The pink pot of cream, however, is lovely. It has a really pleasing fresh, girly scent, sinks in wonderfully and does leave my skin feeling hydrated. I have to say, it doesn't stand up to my beloved Liz Earle moisturiser (see review on that HERE), but this is a pretty high benchmark, and for a drug store product, I think it is excellent.

I love the packaging- anything pink is a winner in my books and it is small enough to sling in the bottom of my Mary Poppins-esque handbag. Perhaps I shall do an updated 'What's In My Bag Video'- yay or nay?

If I were to see another good offer like this, I would snap up 2 more Garnier Day Creams, but I'm not sure if I would part with £5.06 for one.

For all the official science and Garnier blurb (I was a bit slack on the 'real info' front today!), click HERE.

Hmmm, so that wraps up my fairly bllarrghhhh good but not woweepoopypants brilliant review. What are your thoughts? Have you ever tried this? I would really like to know because I feel a touch on the fence!

Toodlepip!

xx