Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Monday, September 5, 2011

Lou's Reviews :: Sleek Au Naturel Palette

Aloha Bloggerinos,

This September (my favourite month by the way), has seen the launch of Sleek's latest collection- Nuuudeee. Yes, it's actually 'Nude', but I like to say nuuuuuddeee in a high pitched sing-songy tone. Nice and normal then.

The collection comprises of a 12 colour palette, a lip conditioner and a blusher. Fabulous.


With a mixture of matte and shimmer pressed shadows, large mirror and double ended sponge brush, the palette promises something for everyone.


Ever since the first Original Palette, I've been a huge fan of the waffle texture the shadows have. I know it's not to everyone's taste but there is something about it that pleases me immensely. I even like the word 'waffle'. Mmmm waffle.


I'm sure you will have seen other people swatch these better (note to self- do smaller swatches to fit 12 on one arm!), but Sprinkle of Glitter wanted a chance to show them off too!

Top row, L-R: Nougat, Nubuck, Cappuccino, Honeycomb, Toast, Taupe.
Bottom row, L-R: Conker, Moss, Bark, Mineral Earth, Regal, Noir.

All of the above are one swipe swatches- I wanted to be equal. As you can see, the matte colours are not as prominent as the shimmery shades. I'm quite disappointed in the matte pigmentation because the majority of my eyeshadow collection is shimmer or glittery, so it would have been fun to experiment with a more matte look. Never the less, as usual, the other shadows have come up trumps and have excellent colour pay off. Good old Sleek.


Sleek Moss vs MAC Pressed Olive and Sleek Noir vs MAC Carbon.
 
My favourite colours from the Au Natural Palette are Moss and Noir. I was so impressed with them that I compared them to the holy grail- MAC. I think it's safe to say, they fared well.



I've noticed a bit of a trend with the Sleek palettes. I love they way there is a kind of gradiation. Granted they threw in a few curve balls with the Caribbean and Monaco collection, but if you are less out there with you eyemakeup, this could be the cosmetics company for you. Above is the Limited Edition Paraguaya Avoir La Peche Palette, Oh So Special Palette (still available) and the Au Natural Palette from the Nude collection, which, hip hip hooray, is going to be in the permanent line!

All in all, I wouldn't say this is one of Sleek's best, due to the lack of pigment in the rather chalky matte colours, but for £6.49, the other colours are worth it, especially since the some of the colours outshine MAC.

You can pick yourself up a treat from the Sleek Nude collection either from you local Superdrug or the Sleek Website.

Are you into the Nude-ness? What are your thought?

Toodlepip!

xx