Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Monday, March 11, 2013

Motivational Monday #6


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Firstly, oh hello 700th post on this blog. 700!! Go me!

Secondly, here we are on another merry Monday with another dose of motivation. Are you enjoying these posts? They are fast becoming my favourite to write. 

Motivational Monday | Sprinkle of Glitter


I chose this quote today (again, from Pinterest) because I thought it was pretty apt for my 700th post and is something I agree whole heartedly.

When you think of success, what do you think of? Do you think of happiness, wealth, certain goals? How do you plan on getting to them? The majority of the time, the answer is going to lie in the field of 'hard work'.

The person I consider to be most successful in my life is my Dad. He was raised in a modest family with normal things. He went to a normal school and worked very hard. He trained as an accountant and decided that it wasn't for him, worked in sales and then decided to take the plunge and set up his own business. Twenty to thirty years on, he has been tres successful and as well as having the world's greatest Daughter (mwahaha) he also has all the lovely things he has worked for. There are times when I look at his lovely house or fabulous holidays with a tinge of envy and think, 'Why can't I have those things?'. And this answer is, "I can". The bit in between those two things though is called hard work.

My Dad didn't just wake up with a lovely home or fall into lovely experiences, he poured his time, his energies and his thoughts into his work. He didn't sit about watching TV wondering when success would come knocking, he physically made it happen. He didn't take an elevator, he sweated his way up the stairs and now he's up the top and can be proud of himself.

I feel a little bit like that for this blog. No, it isn't World Number One Blog of The Year, but to me, it's a success. It's what I want it to be. To make it what I want it to be, I've worked really bloomin' hard. I have spent hundred of hours on it, I think about it daily, I research ways to improve it and above all, I pour love and energy into it gladly. I don't resent the work, I relish in it because I know how amazing it feels to achieve the little goals you set yourself.

If you have something you want to do, do it. Enjoy knowing that you can and will achieve your goals if you work for them and enjoy the journey to getting there. When you look at it in the right way, it's immensely satisfying. There is nothing you cannot do if you work hard enough for it.

If there is something you want to achieve this week, start today and take the first step of your stairs.

Previously...



Toodlepip!


xx


This month my Ultimate Advertiser is  Kittenish Behaviour. If you would like to find out more about advertising on this blog, click HERE