Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pro Impressions and OPI Silver Shatter

Aloha Bloggerinos,

With all this lovely sunshineyness, I've been heavily inpsired to splash colour into every area of my life, and my nails have not missed out on this.

I bought this nail polish remover at the Beauty UK convention which I showed in my YouTube Haul video that you can see HERE. Since trying it a good few times I can happily report that it is BRILLIANT.

It has quite a strong smell that can get a bit up your nose but I'll let that go seeing as it does it's job sooooo well- it even cuts right through glitter, which to me is the real mark of a good remover. I've been using it with the special nail varnish remover sqaures (as shown in the video) or regular cotton wool and it works fabulously with both. You can find out more about the Pro Impressions range HERE.


Fancying a jazzy nail effect, I decided to try out my new OPI Silver Shatter, which I also bought at the Beauty UK convention for a bargainous £5.75 (ish. I know it was in the £5 range), which is superduper considering this retails for £10.50.


I'm quite certain you all will have read about these new fandangled shatter polishes and know that with just one coat on top of another colour, they create a cracked effect. I was never too keen on the standard black shatter colour that Barry M bought out, I felt it was a little too stern for my personal style, but this really caught my eye because it's much more subtle and has a hint of sparkle to it- Yippee!


I applied the OPI Silver Shatter over Boots No.17 Catwalk Couture (click HERE for more) and thoroughly enjoyed watching the polish separate and 'shatter' before my very eyes! It was oddly mesmorising actually!

I've really enjoyed this summery beachy nail look and it has lasted a good 5 days with only minimal chipping. Woop Woop!

(Modelling my nails against BabyGlitter's rainbow onsie!)

If browsing pretty polish colours is your bag, here are the OPI Stockist Details : 01923 240 010 Lena White.  

Have you tried any of the products mentioned? Are you and OPI fan?
 
Toodlepip!
 
xx