Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lou's Reviews :: MAC Haute and Naughty Lash Mascara

Aloha Bloggerinos,

Remember a couple of months back I went to the snazzy MAC Event for the Baftas? Well, whilst I was there they gave us all an AMAZING (seriously, I squealed) goodie bag and this was one of the products in it. The MAC Haute and Naughty Lash Mascara.


I've seen quite a few drugstore dupes of this two wand mascara and was eager to try it and see for myself.

The idea is that if you want day-time yet defined lashes, you can use the pink ended wand, but if you prefer a thicker, fuller look, use the purple glittery end. Simples.


So does it work?

The idea of having a multifunctional product really floats my boat- saves space, money and waste- what's not to like?

The pink end actually does give a smooth, natural look that is still noticeable but not really full on. It's ideal if you are doing a low key fluttery girlie look. A negative for the pink wand though is that it is very flimsy. When I comb it through my lashes it feels like because the wand 'stem' is so thin it kind of bends and that takes a bit of getting used to. Not brilliant if you are in a real hurry.

The glittery end is my favourite by a long shot. It takes plenty of mascara fluid onto the brush, glides through the lashes with ease and gives a really full dramatic effect. (Next time I use it, I shall take pics and update this post! *Slaps wrist for not doing it today*)



This mascara doesn't clump, is easy to remove (saying that, I use Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish which I suspect could remove super glue it's that good) and can withstand a few tears, despite it not being waterproof.

As with quite a few MAC mascaras the actual fluid is very wet, which is great because it goes on well but you have to be careful not to blink too much whilst it sets, otherwise you have that delightful black-mascara-splodges-on-perfectly-applied-eyeshadow look. Does anyone else have that ever? It drives me insane!

All in all, I thought this was good, but not great. Usually, I can't rate MAC products highly enough, but at an rrp of £17.50, I think this is perhaps rather steep for something that isn't woweeamazing. I'll definitely finish the tube and will enjoy using it, but for that price, I wouldn't repurchase. Instead, I would consider one of the drugstore options.

To read the official MAC blurb, click HERE.

What do you think? Is £17.50 worth it?

Toodlepip!

xx