Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How To :: Vixen Red Lips

Aloha Bloggerinos,

For many a moon I was scared. Fearful of bright lipsticks and vivid shades that I thought would make me look garish and overbearing. I shied away from reds and magentas and stuck to softer pinks and coral glosses. Until now!

In the last few months I have discovered that in actual fact, the 'Red Lip' look, is a lot easier than I thought, and once I had given it a chance, actually looks very fetching...even if I do say so myself!

I've been wearing ruby red lipstick in a lot of my YouTube Videos and quite a few lovely YouTuberinos have commented saying it looks nice- thanking you kindly. I thought I would share my little lip routine with you and maybe help some of you out. I appreciate that some of you Bloggerinos may be very old hat at the vixen red lips, but if, like I once was, you are a tad apprehensive, this might be of use. I took this routine from the makeover I had at the MAC Blogger Even, so I take it on high authority indeed!


Step One

Prime the lips. I use a Boots own brand lipbalm which smells beautiful I might add, and my toothbrush to exfoliate off dead skin cells and encourage blood circulation. I used to use the Lush lip exfoliater but found it a bit messy so gave it a miss. It's quite important to have you lips in good condition (no flakes, well nourished) if you are going to make them such a focal point.

Step Two

Line the lips. I use a MAC lip liner in cherry. It's smooth, creamy and easy to blend- all you want in a lip liner. I tend to colour in my lips as well, just to give the lipstick a bit more base to cling to and hopefully last longer because of it.

Step Three

Apply the lipstick. I use a MAC prowear lipstick in prolong. Apply your lipstick evenly and all the way to the corners of your smile. When you have finished, put your finger in your mouth as if you are licking chocolate off of it and then pull it out, you will see a lipstick on your finger but not on your teeth- woop woop!

Step Four

Gloss yourself (sounds snazzy). Once you have your vixen red lips, apply a think layer of clear gloss to create that shexy vinyl effect. I find it better to gently dab on the gloss rather than heavily 'wipe' it as this can smudge the lipstick.

Step Five

SMILE



And here's one I made earlier. Sorry it's a bit tit-tastic, I wanted you to see the cocktail- it's in a real life carved out pineapple!!! Also, at the time I thought wearing the little brollies in my hair all night was a good idea. Clearly this was the cocktail talking.

Looking a modicum more classy but still struggling to keep those post pregnancy puppies on board. NB- For all of you that will be horrified that I'm drinking and have a young baby- I'm not breastfeeding and she was happily tucked up in bed being looked after by my Husband :)

Lip Tips

Carefully apply a little concealer around the edges of your mouth with a brush, to prevent the lipstick feathering.

Choose a red lipstick with undertones of blue as this will help combat the oh-so-un-sexy yellow teeth look some reds can give you.

If, like mine, your budget doesn't always stretch to MAC, MUA have some rather lovely lipsticks that are creamy and non drying and best of all, only £1!! What a bargain!

Will you be sporting vixen red lips any time soon? What are your top tips? I'd love to know.

Toodlepip!

xx