Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Sunday, February 19, 2012

How To :: Graduated Glitter Nails


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

If, like me, you love nail varnish and like to have pretty little paws that add a splash of colour or a twinkle of glitter to your overall look, then this will be the post for you!


For the longest time I've drooled over other people's beautiful nail art blog posts and looked longingly at the tutorial videos that made intricate details and swirly designs look oh-so-easy.

Sadly for me, I just don't have that steady a hand and my nails end up looking like a dog's dinner. *Sigh*.

So with all that in mind, imagine my joy to find a sparkly nail art technique that is so easy even me and my sausage fingers can pull off! I give you- Graduated Glitter Nails.

How do I do this snazzy nail look on my own pinkies?

1. Do whatever nail prep you usually do.
2. Pick a colour and paint it evenly all over the nail.
3. Take glitter polish and paint a thin coat from about 3/4 of the way up to the tip and leave to dry.
4. As number 3 but from about 1/2 way up to the tip and leave to dry.
5. As number 3&4 but from 1/4 of the way up and leave to dry.
6. Apply top coat.

Simples.

My Tips for Top Talons:

♥ If you are new to this technique, choose a lighter base colour as it is more forgiving on any heavy handedness glitter-wise. Currently I'm wearing a lilac with silver glitter and it looks amazing. I did take a snap but my hands are suffering in this cold weather at the mo, so I thought best not to share.

♥ Be gentle with the glitter, the aim is to build it up sloooowwwllyyy.

♥ Be aware that this is a lot of polish on you nails, especially at the tips. I have found this has led to easier chipping. Not a problem but if you're going out Saturday night, don't apply on a Wednesday and expect them to still look perfecto. Plan it properly.

I absolutely adore this look. It gives you a chance to use glitter in a more sophisticated way and I'm looking forward to experimenting with more colours. For those that are interested, the colours in in my fancy demo above are OPI 'We have a purple' and OPI 'Spark de Triomphe'. I buy my nail wheels for £1.99 in packs of 10, from this ebay store.

Is this a nail method you'd try?

Toodlepip!

xx