Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lou's Reviews :: Soap & Glory - Original Pink


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

A few weeks ago now I treated myself to a new perfume and I thought I would share my reflections on it with you.

Fragrances are always such a tricky product to review, what with everyone's scent preferences being so vastly different, and it not really being a black and white case of, "Does it work? Did it do the job? etc".

Soap & Glory's Original Pink is a very affordable £16.50 at Boots and is also part of the 3 for 2 offer, so if you really felt wild, you could buy 3 bottles of perfume for £33- bargain!

The official blurb for this scent is, "a fresh fruity citrus with notes of bergamot, summer rose, peach, strawberry, gardenia blooms, jasmine, patchouli warm amber and lush musks." In my mind (or should I say, 'nose'?), this smells simply delicious. It's sweet but not sickly and feminine but not little girlie, it's total a winner in my books.
 
 
The packaging is metal, lightweight and unfussy, yet attractive enough to sit on your dresser with your other fragrant delights. Now, I'm all for a jazzy glass bottle with charms, jewels and flowers adorned, but this sleek little number is ideal for throwing in your handbag. You need not worry that it's going to smash all over your belongings and you won't feel like you're carting round a breeze block all day! Crikey, I even think it would fit in a going-out clutch! Also, as if all that hasn't made you want to go out and grab one for yourself, it does come in a pastel pink box with embossed text on it, so perfect if you need a gift for your best friend's birthday. *Makes mental note to buy friends this for their special days*.
All in all, I absolutely adore this perfume and am so glad to have found something that meets all my usually very strict criteria- great price, great fragrance, great packaging. I cannot rave about this enough and strongly recommend you give it a sniff (urgh, 'sniff' is such a vulgar word isn't it?) next time you pass it.

Have you tried this perfume? Are you as in love as me?
Toodlepip!
xx

PS- Despite four attempts at resolving the issue, blogspot will not let me space my paragraphs correctly. We can put a man on the moon but can't get basic text right. Sheesh!