Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lou's Reviews :: MAC MSF Soft and Gentle

Aloha Sprinklerinos,
For the past few months, I have had one question in particular popping up over and over again on YouTube and I decided it might be a good idea to make the answer into a blog post.

The question I have been asked is what have I been wearing on my cheeks to make them look so glowy? I must say, I have been pleased as punch with all the lovely comments telling me I look radiant or healthy or even gorgeous! I can assure you it's all cosmetic and isn't that 'pregnancy glow'. There's no bun in this oven!


 MAC Soft and Gentle is part of the Mineralised Skin Finish (MSF) family and since buying it in September 2011, has been reached for almost every day.

With swirling marbleised colours of gold, bronze and tan, it gives my skin the most beautiful luminous finish without it depositing little flecks of glitter. Obviously, I have no issue with glitter, in fact I embrace it, but there are times when a soft shimmer is preferential to sparkletown.

I apply it quickly and easily with a domed kabuki brush and find it blends really well into foundation, powder and bronzer. It really does tickle my pickle.

(I can't tell you how annoying that teeny smudge under my eye is to me. I nearly didn't put this photo in but it demonstrates how dewy brilliant the Soft and Gentle is dans la skin)

The slightly unhinged addict in me is a little sad that I have used so much that there is no longer the domed effect in the pan, but if you check out the website photo, you can see one in all it's newy glory. In hindsight, I probably should have snapped this when I first bought it last year, but I have been loving it so much that it's not left my makeup bag.

This lovely product retails for £21.50. To me, it's a luxury purchase, but one that I'll repeat because the quality is fantastic, it lasts an age (6 months in and yet to hit pan) and it's lead to a flurry of kind compliments- and you can't put a price on that!

Have you tried this highlighter? What are your thoughts on it?

Toodlepip!

xx