Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Crafts :: Inspiration

Aloha Sprinklerinos,

If, like me, you have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with crafts, glitter and handmade trinkets, Christmas really is the most wonderful time of year.

If you can't throw sequins on something and call it 'customised' at Christmas, when can you?



I think I have mentioned in a previous post that I have a few Christmas craft tutorials up my festive sleeves for you, but before that, I thought I would share on of my favourite Christmas things with you.

Every year, about October/November time, when the festive itch scratches, I start to look at homey magazines. Throughout the year I'm a More, Reveal, Look, Glamour kinda gal, but come winter, I start to feel a real need for this 'grown up' magazines, with their tips for good housemaking, recipes and craft tutorials.

Over the years I have racked up a few of these Christmas edition magazines. I'd suggest if you buy one, to keep it til next year because lets face it, a brushed felt robin decoration is going to be the same in 2011 as it is in 2017, non? Also, they usually retail around the £4-5 mark, which for a glossy mag, is pretty pricey I think.

I really love flicking through these. I always try some of the little projects (and sometimes fail- I actually made a video last week on how to make a 3D Chocolate Crispy Tree, but it was a total disaster and never made it to YouTube!) and always take decor inspiration from them.

I urge you to don your hat and scarf, skip down to your local news agents, grab a bag of maltesers and a Christmas magazine and immerse yourself in the festive cheer of it all.

What do you do to get yourself in the Christmassy mood? Also, I feel like I've typed the word 'Christmas' about 5,000 times!

Toodlepip!

xx