Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Friday, October 19, 2012

Loves of Late || Autumn


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Happy Friday! I work from home so weekdays and weekends all merge together usually, but for some reason, today I feel like celebrating the on coming weekend. Go figure. 

I thought that since I'm in a happily reflective mood, it might be fun to talk about things that I have been loving of late, big and small. 


Loves of Late


heartBringing Baby Glitter back to Sprinkle of Glitter. If you follow my Facebook Page I talked about this a few days ago, but in a nutshell : she's going to be slowly brought back. In retrospect (and I've had 6 months of time to think about it, which is a third of her little life!), I took her off in a haze of rash panic. I had a disgusting comment that I wont repeat and panicked. For months it didn't sit right that I'd removed her and I came to realise that haters will always hate. They will do whatever they can to try and discourage you from doing what makes you happy, because they are so unhappy. It made me so happy to have my two babies (Sprinkle of Glitter is like a second bambino to me) be together and was a bit poopy writing a lifestyle blog without the biggest part of my life in it! So, little by little, she'll be back. To make me feel extra secure in my decision, Matt and I talked it through for a good couple of weeks and made a couple of lifestyle changes that have really put my mind at rest. I know there will be lots and lots of people who will be pleased to see her again, and some who think I should leave her off, but ultimately, she's my baba and it's up to me. So, yay for unbelievable cuteness again!!

Learning more about something I love. I recently completed a week long intensive makeup artistry course with Illamasqua (full review to come shortly) and thought it was brilliant. It was quite a challenge commuting into London every day and I missed Baby Glitter a lot (she had a fantastically spoilt week with her Grandparents), but I now feel full to the brim with beauty knowledge!

Feeling rich with friends. I have been making a concerted effort to text back! One of my (many) failings in life is that I read a text whilst doing something else and think, 'Oh that was nice, I'll text him/her back when I'm finished doing this' and then never do! It's awful! Friends become annoyed, I feel bad, etc etc. So, this last couple of weeks I have been like a hound dog on my phone and replied and conversed and arranged meets and trips and dinners and double dates and I feel great for it. Sometimes, because I work from home and care for the bambino all day, I feel a little isolated and forgotten. Being more proactive has really highlighted how lucky I am to have such a wide support network of love and fun and I feel truly blessed by it.

Going to bed earlier. Who would've thought it? I'm the ultimate night owl and always joke that my peak time is 11pm. This last 2 weeks I have been going to bed at the same time as Matt and have found myself rising a lot earlier too. I've been getting a lot more done around the house (thank goodness- it was beginning to get crazy!) and going to bed at the same time as my Husband has been lovely (minds out of gutters please ladies ;) , I mean we have a good opportunity to catch up on our days and discuss plans for the next). 

The little things. Yesterday I washed one of Baby Glitter's tutu's and as I hung it up to dry I thought how lucky I was to be able to have such pretty things laying around my home, for my little girl. Sometimes I hold her and send a million 'thank you's' up to the sky because she is the treasure of my life and I can't believe I have her. I love all the things that come with little girls - delicate clothes, dolls houses, bows in hair, sweet baby babble, the lot. It melts my heart on a daily basis. 

The downside of all these wonderful things is that my blog and YouTube channel have been somewhat neglected. Woopsie. As of November, Baby Glitter will be in nursery for 2 afternoons a week and with my Auntie for 2 mornings a week, so with any luck, those 2 full days for me will become writing and filming days and a healthy balance will be restored. The housework will just have to wait....

Oooooooh that was therapeutic typing all of that goodness out! If you would like to do a similar post on your blog, feel free to use the image and link it back here as it's credit. Do let everyone know in the comments if you have written one so we can come and see your happy things. If you don't have a blog, sharing feels great so why not just tell me in the comments what you have loved of late? Or, if you don't feel chipper about sharing here (we don't bite though, I promise), then why not make a personal facebook status or just tell a chum or colleague something good. You'll feel amazing for it!

Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Made Up Of Little Things. If you would like to find out more about advertising on this blog, click HERE