Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lou's Reviews :: Lipsy Perfume

Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Lipsy has always been a shop I have walked wistfully by and longed for the day I would be giselle-like and able to look fabulous in their dresses. A good friend of mine recently bought a couple from there and although expensive (around £70ish), I think they were well worth it for the hotness she exuded all night!


When the brand very kindly asked me if I would like to review one of their perfumes, aptly named 'Lipsy', I thought I would give it a whirl and see if it lived up to it's garment counterpart's acclaim. 

I must admit, I am always a little skeptical of these sorts of perfumes. You know the ones I mean, the kind bought out to endorse a non-perfumey brand or z-list celebrity. I sometimes feel that they are rushed off the manufacturer's line without due care and attention to detail and inevitably, are left lacking.

Lipsy however, surprised me. The bottle was sturdy, girlie and not in the least bit cheap feeling, I would describe the fragrance as 'sophisticated' and the scent lingered an ample amount of time. No, it didn't compare to my usual higher end favourites, but then this isn't a high end perfume and would be ideal for a quickie-throw-in-your-bag-for-work kind of item.

A 30ml bottle retails for £18, which I think is reasonable. One thing I felt that could maybe be improved on was the box it was packaged in. It's just personal preference but to me it was a little tacky and didn't create a fantastic impression of what turned out to be a lovely little product. 

How do you feel about high street perfumes? Would you rather have 3 of these more affordable ones or 1 luxury bottle?

Toodlepip!

xx