Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lou's How To's :: Birthday Wreath


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

A couple of days ago I instagrammed ('Sprinkleofglitr') a picture of something I had made for Baby Glitter and I had so much interest in it, that I thought I would write a blog post for you all.


This is the image in question. It is a Birthday Wreath made for Baby Glitter's upcoming 1st Birthday Party and it was beyond easy to make.

My friend Marie in America had made one for her little girl's birthday bash and I instantly fell in love and decided to make my own. You can check her video out HERE to see all her gorgeous party decor.

I shall give you a step by step and ebay links for crafty bits if you like to order online. Alternatively, you could pop along to your local craft store. I just like ebay because it's easy, speedy and paypal friendly- ohhh yeaaah!

Steppy by Steppy's:

1. Get yourself a polystyrene ring, a ball of wool in whichever colour you prefer, about 50cm (to be on the safe side- you may have excess) of ribbon in whichever colour you prefer, stick on gems, scissors and most fun of all, embellishments!! You can go wild with whatever you would like, but I chose cupcakes to give it a birthday feel.

2. Wrap the wool around the ring. For a more full and plush appearance, wrap round a couple of times. Warning- this takes time! Sit yourself in front of a film and just enjoy the easy task and feel satisfied watching it slowly fill up.

3. Wrap the ribbon round the ring to give it a candy cane spiral effect. Tie a bow and loop at the top so that you will be able to hang it from a hook.

4. Add the embellishments in any pattern or design.

5. Add the stick on gems in any pattern or design.

6. Stand back smugly in the knowledge that you just made a Birthday Wreath.

Seriously, this is an easy peasy lemon squeezy project and could be adapted for any occasion. How nice would an Autumnul wreath look? Mmmmm, I love Autumn.

I plan on displaying this near Baby Glitter's highchair at her party so that it is in a lot of her photographs and then afterwards I will hang it in her bedroom. Maybe we'll get it out every year!

If simple pimple baby projects are your bag, last year I wrote a post on customising baby clothes with pens and waaaayyy back in 2009 in my first ever month of blogging, I wrote a post on making a tutu for a barbie doll. Craft-tastic!

Is this something you might try? Do you think it will make a unique decoration?

Toodlepip!

xx