Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pink Sparkle


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

When the sun is shining and the birds are tweeting and we all have that spring in our step, I find myself drawn to cutsie girlie colours in every aspect of life, including my nails.

I think it's the promise of Easter that lures me to pastel pinks, lemons, lilacs and sky blues, but as ever, for me, a nail look isn't complete without a sprinkle of glitter. See what I did there? Heh heh.


In my opinion, there is very little better than pink sparkle. So as you can imagine, a have more than one nail polish in this variety, and love them all. I thought you might like to see which ones I love and then maybe add one to your collection too. Go on, I dare you.


I swatched these on a plain nail wheel (which you can buy HERE) so that you could clearly see, but I think they look gorgeous over other shades- mint being a personal favourite. I applied 2 coats for all products, to keep things nice and fair :)

Revlon Nail Enamel in 219 Sparkling is quite similar to China Glaze Glam in colour, but not in sparkle sizing. With one finely milled glitter and one medium, you can build up your coverage with multiple coats and could actually create an opaque look with this. I think the price tag (£6.49) is reasonable as the longevity is super and it's a little bit special because it was released (along with others) to celebrate Revlon's 80th Birthday. Save me a slice of cake!

Topshop Adrenalin (I believe) is set to be released at the end of this month and is a beauty! With finely milled pink glitter and holographic hexagons, this polish is slightly mesmerising. I *think* this will retail for around the £6mark, which I think is a fabulous price for something so glitzy.

China Glaze in Glam is the oldest of my pink sparkle collection and you can buy it HERE. I would describe the glitter in this as chunky. You don't get a fantastic coverage, but this allows your base colour to be quite prominent. You could apply just one coat if you wanted literally only a few dots or you could really build it up if you wanted something chunktastic. OOhhhh I think 'chunktastic' might be my new word.
Something sneaky that I like about glitter polishes, is that when they chip (which is usually faster than regular shades), you can easily touch up the tips without anyone seeing the chip-lines, because of the texture of the glitter. This means your manicure can last that little bit longer- Yipee!

Are you a glittery gal? Have you tried any of these little gems?

Toodlepip!

xx