Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Monday, March 19, 2012

Tuesday Tip :: Think Outside The Box

Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Today's Tuesday Tip is a baby related one, but hopefully something you can apply to lots of other aspects of life too. A transferable skill if you will.


For the past few months I have been searching for a small table and chair set, for the mini human thing we keep here at Casa Del Glitter. I wanted something that could stay in the lounge but suit our other furniture.

I had considered THIS kind of mini picnic bench, that I would paint white and varnish, but just as I was about to take the plunge, I took off on a spur of the moment IKEA trip.

As we were walking round, pretending we lived in the showrooms (don't lie, you do it too), we stumbled upon a little white, square coffee table for £4.99. A table for under a fiver!! Bloomin' 'eck! It was perfect Baby Glitter size, easy peasy to assemble and did I mention it was a mere snip?!

I then bought a teeny white chair from the children's area for £9.99. It had a table you could also buy, which was ridiculously similar to the coffee one, but much much more pricey.

Now they are together and in my lounge, you would never know they weren't a set or that the table isn't a designated 'children's' table, would you?

The tip here, is to look around at everything that might suit your need. Don't assume that the only place you can find lovely children's furniture/toys/bedroom decor, is from a children's department. Some of the best things Baby Glitter has are from other walks of life and they look just fabulous!

Have you made any substitutes like this in your life? Care to share?

Toodlepip!

xx