Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lou's Reviews :: L'Occitane Pivoine Délicate Shimmering Powder


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

I was recently very kindly given a couple of L'Occitane products to try out for you Sprinklerinos and since I have now had a chance to properly try them, I thought I would share my thoughts on my favourite one- the Pivoine Delicate Shimmering Powder from the limited edition Peony Collection.

I'll warn you now, if you don't like glitter, this is NOT the product for you and would be £22 wasted. If like me, you adore the twinkling allure of shimmer, then you're in for a treat.


You know in romantic old black and white movies, when the leading lady is wearing a silk night gown as she applies her makeup at her decadent mirrored dressing table, and then spritzes herself with luxurious perfume from an elegant glass bottle with the tasselled atomiser? This has the exact same appeal. No, it isn't perfume, there isn't a tassel and I don't look good in silk night gowns (although I do have a saucy little cerise kimono jobby for getting ready in before nights out and the like- ooer missus), but in short, it gives me the same thrills and chills.

In my humble opinion, if a product excites you this much, you're on to a winner. 

The idea is that you apply the shimmer to skin and hair, it leaves a delicately scented, silky finish and most prominently a beautiful pale pink and silver sparkle.


I am aware that if applied too liberally you run the risk of being look like the over enthused 13 year old at the 1999 disco (yes, that was me, I'm just naturally enthusiastic for things), but frankly, I don't care one jot. If you do, just apply less or perhaps apply it in less obvious areas, like the ends of your hair for a shimmer ombre or your shoulders, for a sultry summer sparkle.

I think we all know my love for glitter, so this review is probably leaning a little towards the biased side, but there is nothing I don't like about this product. The fragrance is enjoyable, the packaging feminine, the sparkle pay off is fantastic, I have used it A LOT but still have a great deal of product left (you are given 8g in the bottle) and it's a pleasure to use. Love, love, love.

Are you as excited by scented glitter in a fancy bottle as me? Only the clinically mad don't love glitter, surely? SURELY?!

Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Dashing Divas. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top!