Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lou's Reviews || Angelica Hydration Face Mist | L'Occitane


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

What with this marvellous summer we are having *looks outside to grey clouds and whistling winds* I was glad when I was given an Angelica Hydration Face Mist to try from the lovely lady at L'Occitane.

I am quite a newbie to facial mists, the only other one I have tried was from Avene and I used it whilst in labour. To be quite frank, I was so drugged up on meptid that I could have been spritzing urine on my face and I wouldn't have cared, so I don't think that gave me a well rounded opinion of the product! The times I did use it un-drugged-on-labour-meds however, I had really liked it, so I had high hopes for the L'Occitane version.



L'Occitane themselves claim that this product 'instantly refreshes' the skin and can be used to set and prolong your makeup. Sounds good. 

Wellllll I have mixed feelings on this item. Firstly, it's nice. It feels nice to spray a gentle cool mist of water over your face, it smells very fresh and clean, I didn't have any bad reactions or breakouts and I can see that it would be really handy in hot climates or on aeroplanes/coaches etc. Secondly, the packaging is pleasant and functional.



However (and here is where I feel guilty for not rav-rav-raving but I always promise to be honest), I don't really buy into it's magical  properties. I didn't feel like my makeup lasted any longer than it would have without a fine mist of special water, after I had been refreshed I felt like I needed to apply moisturiser sooner and with my current lifestyle (staying at home with the baby in a moderate climate), I felt it wasn't really needed.

I am aware that the PR lady didn't know this and if I had been taking a transatlantic flight to somewhere hot this summer I may well have shouted from the rooftops about it, so please don't think me mean. I just feel that if I hadn't been gifted this product, I would not have spent the rrp of £15 on it. 

All in all, not a bad product at all, just not something someone like me really needs. Sorry L'Occitane!

Are you a fan of face mists? When do you use them most?

Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Dashing Divas. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top!