Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Friday, July 13, 2012

Lou's Reviews || Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Another day, another review- I'm on a roll eh?!

I bought these Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains a few days ago from Superdrug for £5.99 each (an introductory offer as soon they will be £7.99) and already LOVE them. 

I was pleased as punch with the Revlon Lip Butters (I now own even more and will be featuring my new ones soon), so I had quite a lot of faith in Revlon bringing out another great lip product. 


I have heard many liken these nourishing little pencils of colour to the Clinique Chubby Sticks, but as I haven't tried them, I can't really compare. What I can say though is that I have tried other 'balm sticks' of a similiar ilk and never really got excited by them. This was either because they lacked pigmentation OR dried my lips.

Well, these are the opposite- hoo-ray. They have fabulous colour payoff (so much so that when I was on Skype to ZoeChummy and wearing 'Lovesick', she thought I was wearing one of my MAC Lipsticks) and leave my lips feeling soft and juicy and not at all flakey dry.

I'm not usually one for lip swatches because it's weird to see my own mouth in such detail (so please don't point and laugh), but I felt like 'mouth shots' would do this product a lot more justice than regular skin swipes. 

The staying power of these are great. This is probably where the 'stain' part comes in and I'm really happy about this. I had reservations that something so nourishing and hydrating would wear off very quickly. My Lip Butters are gorgeous but I do have to reapply fairly regularly, unlike these.

The packaging is just right for me and reflects the price point well. Not crazy flashy, but pretty and something I'm confident to pull out of my handbag. Also, you won't need to sharpen these, as you simply twist the silver bottom and more product twirls up.

There are 7 colours of these available in the UK (but more for our lucky American friends) and whilst I am in town tomorrow I may just pick up a couple more (so that spending ban went well!).

Do these Balm Stains entice you as much as they do me? Have my up close lips scared you off Sprinkle of Glitter?!

Toodlepip!

xx