Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

Monday, July 16, 2012

Lou's Reviews || YSL Shocking Mascara


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Whilst in town last week with Baby Glitter, I accidentally fell into House of Fraiser, fell into the YSL counter and then my credit card fell into the payment machine and a brand new mascara fell into my bag. Obviously, I am on a spending ban, so am absolutely not to blame for any of this. 

Since I now have it (against my will of course), I thought I would review it. Oopsie. 

YSL Mascara | Shocking | Deep Black



So here we have my accidental purchase. An accidental spend of £23.00 to be precise, but after trying this for a few days, I have no regrets at all.

I'm a sucker for the way things look and it's clear to see that the packaging for this product is luxurious- gold tube with embossed logo and sheeny shiny golden box to make it feel extra special. I know it's only card and plastic but I honestly feel a little bit excited when I pull this out of my makeup bag. It just looks special.



The wand has short plastic bristles of varying lengths. I get on really well with plastic wands and am happy to spend a bit of extra time applying. This is definitely not a 'wizz through and go' kind of product, you have to give it due care and attention. A luxury product deserves luxury care.

(Sadly I'm not a fresh faced 19 year old anymore so I have laughter lines and Mummyhood doesn't lend well to plenty of sleep so yes, there are little veins. I feel quite self conscious about this but figured the best way to give a full review of a mascara was on my peepers, so there we are, wrinkles and all!)

After using this mascara, I was IMPRESSED. It really gave so much length to my lashes and made me feel very doll like. I would go as far as to say this product has made my lashes the longest they have ever been without the aid of falsies.

The mascara lasted all day AND all night without smudging, flaking or generally misbehaving. The only tiny problem I have with it was that it made my lashes feel a little crispy, but with that much lengthening and staying power, I can overlook that for sure!

I know £23 is a lot of money to pay when the high street offers a plethora of alternatives, but if you are looking to treat yourself, this is your answer.

Have you tried this mascara? Does it entice you?

Toodlepip!

xx